Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Beginning...

    I was
walking along the beach, gliding my feet along the sand. Enjoying the warm
earthy feeling it gave. I looked beyond the horizon, searching for that
sailboat that was always there. I did not find it. It must’ve gone beyond the
horizon, beyond where my eye can see.



Yes,
perhaps beyond where my eye can see.



    I have
always likened myself to a sailboat. I am a drifter, going aimlessly to where
the wind takes me, to where the waves push me. To where, ah, and that is always
the question – to where?



    I focused my
thought upon the seagulls, gliding ever so smoothly in the air, not a single
strand of flaw in their flight. It was in truth a picture of perfection -- but
perfect to what degree of perfection? I know nothing of this world it seems.
Understanding not what drives men to seek for more, to strive for more.







Maybe that
hunger is beyond my understanding.



Ah, perhaps
nature is the only thing that is perfect.



In its
beauty and grandiosity, in its darkness and mystery, is the epitome of the
perfect circle of nature.



    The flowers
blooming in the fields in spring, leaves falling in autumn, the lake freezing
in winter, and the puddles drying up in summer. The worms being eaten by the
birds, the birds being eaten by other predators, and still those predators
being eaten by much larger ones; and when those larger predators die, their
bodies decompose, returning once more to earth, and the worms, the worms are
the ones who’ll be there, to start it all again. (to be cont.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment