Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lemons, and Women

Jao 2003

The smell of you makes me delirious
Why should i breathe when i'll go crazy?

I'll know nothing but the scent of you
And that makes me nothing

Not a flower, nor a breeze
Lemons and lilies float in my mind

And none of them even comes close
To what i smell in you
Heaven and paradise come in one

But why should i believe?

This sense of mine must lie
As all other senses do.

My eyes always deceive me
How many times have i fallen in pits,
As dark as blackness itself?
Because my eyes never told me
Look but don't leap

And words, why should i trust them?

When gods made hearing only for fools

And feeling for the blind.

So why should i listen to sweet music and coarse promises?

Language that never mesh.

So what about touch?
Ah, pleasure that gives me
Is nothing more but signals to the brain

But oh, they feel wonderful
When you kiss me, do i feel joy?
Not a whisper, nor a bird has moved

I am a prisoner, so shall i be happy?

Four senses, where is the fifth?

Ah, now we come to the last

Not the least i tell you

After all has been said and done
Then shall you taste a multitude of flavors, I do promise you
Bittersweet sadness and heavenly pain

But wait!
I wait for the lemons

When shall i taste them again?

Perhaps when i drive by that garden once more

And i shall say:
Lemons make me cry

But i am happy because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment