Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Black Diary

WolfPack22 September 19, 1999

The tide is now coming in, and the waves are getting bigger. The wind breaks into a run, and the heavens open up, wide and majestic. The stars above us shine. A falling star, swiftly passes, and then -- gone. All too briefly a moment. It was just a minute before that I could see no stars in sight...
But now I see them brightly, all full of luster. They blink at each other like eyes talking in a secret language. Dusts making them appear as though they are twinkling. In our human eye, an illusion of beauty.
Aah.
Dusts bring the illusion, but our eyes make it. It brings us this beauty, but it also stings our eyes with pain.

For the second time, I was brought back to my senses by the crashing of the waves, breaking like thunder upon the shore. The lapping water is more than soothing as the earth moving when it gently slaps into my bare feet, making me sink an inch lower into the sand.
I feel the earth all around me as I closed my eyes. The earth moved not when I first stirred my eyes, nor struck an angel when I first let out my cry. But did let one single tear fall as I let myself die...

The second star shot across the heavens, streaking a fine line of memories. We were best of friends then, but she was kind, and I full of pride. We were never near anywhere than any truth had been. But we were fine before, as now we are not.

Roses grow in my garden everyday, but none that I could give to her. Words just stem out from my thoughts everytime I think, but none that I could say to her. Tears fall into my lap every minute, but none that I could show to her. She is my last living refuge. The cure that I tried to seek, the part of me that I tried to deny. The friend for me that I tried -- did betray.

A crackle of thunder broke my reverie. Rain was now pouring hard. It was just then that I realized I was crying.
But what the hell? So was the heavens.

I looked up and saw the heavens closed. There were no more stars in sight, no more shooting stars falling.
Only the dark clouds moving in, and thunder streaking across the night sky.

I smiled as I remembered the time with them.

"Come on, let us make a wish!" her voice echoed in my memory. It was but a distant past.

I opened my mouth to catch a raindrop. But then thought better of it, and slammed it shut.


No comments:

Post a Comment